Selling your home is a big decision, and you need an agent that can explain the process from start to finish. You want an agent that understands your concerns and can anticipate your questions even before you ask them. Southern Shores Realtors® have the necessary experience to guide you through the listing process and help you feel comfortable with your decision.
Your Southern Shores Realtor® works for you! There are five essential ingredients home sellers must demand from their Realtor® – loyalty, confidence, disclosure, obedience and responsibility. Our primary fiduciary responsibility is to you. We are completely loyal to you. We also keep all information you tell us completely confidential even after the transaction is complete. In turn, we disclose any information to you that might be helpful to you in any way. We obey any instructions you give us unless those instructions are unlawful or unethical. Finally, we are responsible for all funds and documents handled for you.
20 Essential Steps to Selling Your Home
Southern Shores Realtors® understand that selling your home requires much more than posting a sign in your yard. It is a process. Here is a summary of some essential steps your agent will help guide you through in order to sell your home.
Prepare Your Home for Sale
- Identify target markets and conduct a competitive market and pricing analysis.
- Create a customized marketing and communication plan.
- Place a distinctive yard sign on the property.
- Consult with Southern Shores Realtor® on proper staging of your home.
- Prepare custom brochures, marketing flyers, and a virtual tour.
Expose Your Home to the Largest Possible Agent Database
- List your home on the Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service (MLS). MLS is accessible through our website allowing potential buyers, agents and brokers to view your property.
- Email the virtual tour for your home to over 4,000 Members of the Charleston Trident Association of Realtors.
- Showcase your home during the weekly virtual caravan of Southern Shores Realtors®.
- Conduct an open house and invite top agents to preview your home.
Expose Your Home to the Largest Possible Number of Buyers
- Add your listing to top Internet sites, including Realtor.com, CTARMLS.com, MSN Home Advisor, LivingChoices.com, YouDecide.com, Yahoo.com, Homes.com, Snap.com, RealtyOnline.net, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Blast a “Just Listed” direct mail and email campaign to thousands of past clients and friends of Southern Shores in addition to mailing a “Just Listed” postcard to the homeowners in your area.
Professionally Demonstrate the Features of Your Home
- Highlight the benefits of your home during professionally conducted showings.
- Identify and explore the buying signals of an interested buyer.
- Facilitate the mortgage pre-approval process to determine whether the buyer is an actual candidate for your home.
- Conduct a buyer disclosure to discern any potential deal breakers.
- Verify buyer motivation and determine needs and wants.
Negotiate and Coordinate All Aspects of the Deal
- Set up the initial contract.
- Coordinate all aspects of the closing, including, but not limited to, financing, title work, home warranty, CL-100, home inspection, property survey, insurance, appraisal, attorney and closing.
Provide Quality Referrals
- Provide contact information of preferred vendors, including moving company, home protection plan programs, storage, mortgage companies, home improvement specialists, home inspectors, pest control, out-of-state realtors, appraisers, etc.
Communicate After the Sale
- Complete a post-sales survey to ensure your satisfaction and continue to stay in touch with you!